[comp.windows.open-look] Xt+ vs. XView

rhoward@msd.gatech.edu (Robert L. Howard) (11/30/90)

Daniel Smith writes:

[ diff's between Xt+ and Xview toolkits...]

:
>[1] if I'm wrong on this, please someone bark!

You are only sort of wrong....

The look and feel of the two applications should be ~identical, but
the user still should be able to tell them apart.  Since Xt+ works
like regular Xt, the user will be able to set resources in the
'traditional' X11 fashion (i.e., with xrdb and .Xresources files).
To my knowledge Xview programs don't do it that way.  I think they
would prefer to see some sort of pop-up defaults editor for the end
user...

(I won't bother to argue which way is the best)

Robert
--
| Robert L. Howard             |    Georgia Tech Research Institute     |
| rhoward@msd.gatech.edu       |    MATD Laboratory                     |