[comp.windows.open-look] XView text display question

straw@cam.nist.gov (Mike Strawbridge) (12/08/90)

In my XView application I would like to display multiple lines of static
text ... i.e. text to be viewed and not edited. What are my options?

a) Text Subwindows - fine, but I don't need (or want) the editing, loading,
   etc. capabilities.

b) PANEL MESSAGES - if I use these will I have to create a separate
   PANEL_MESSAGE for each line of text??

c) Other better ways ???

mike

NAME:   Michael Strawbridge             	TELE: (301) 975-3852
USMAIL: National Institute of Standards 	ARPA: straw@cam.nist.gov
		and Technology            	UUCP: uunet!cme-durer!straw
        Rm. B-146, Bldg. 225
        Gaithersburg, MD  20899

kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley ) (12/08/90)

In article <6130@pizza.cam.nist.gov> straw@cam.nist.gov (Mike Strawbridge) writes:
>In my XView application I would like to display multiple lines of static
>text ... i.e. text to be viewed and not edited. What are my options?
>
>c) Other better ways ???

How about XDrawString, or XDrawImageString?

--
Kaleb Keithley                      Jet Propulsion Labs
kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov

You can please all of the people some of the time,

quasar@krazykat.ctt.bellcore.com (Laurence R. Brothers) (12/11/90)

Well, as I have learned (thanks, Orest), you can interpose on the
OPENWIN_NTH_VIEW of a text subwindow to disable all the unnecessary
editing potential of a text subwindow. Since TEXTSW_BROWSING doesn't
help much, this seems to be the best way to show read-only text in xview.

	         Laurence R. Brothers (quasar@bellcore.com)
      Bellcore -- Computer Technology Transfer -- Knowledge-Based Systems
        "Like dancing oil on a madman's face, reason tends to fly away"