[comp.windows.open-look] OLGX library

fcaggian@kepler.com (Frank Caggiano) (12/19/90)

Can anyone give me any information on the OLGX library which was
on the R4 distribution tape?

I am working on an object oriented toolkit which will have an
Open Look look and feel and am  thinking of using the OLGX library
to do the Open Look drawing.

The toolkit will use Xlib to interface to X  so wrapping around
XView is not an option.

Also can someone direct me to any documents which describe the
Open Look design phiosophy. That is the document telling tool makers
what they need to have to ne OpenLook compliant.  I do not have
ftp access but am connected to uunet.

			Thanks

--
Frank Caggiano                      INTERNET: fcaggian@kepler.com
Kepler Financial Management, Ltd.       UUCP: ..!uunet!kepler1!fcaggian

grp@Unify.com (Greg Pasquariello) (12/19/90)

In article <453@kepler1.kepler.com>, fcaggian@kepler.com (Frank
Caggiano) writes:
> From: fcaggian@kepler.com (Frank Caggiano)
> Subject: OLGX library
> Date: 18 Dec 90 21:31:10 GMT
>
> Can anyone give me any information on the OLGX library which was
> on the R4 distribution tape?
>
> I am working on an object oriented toolkit which will have an
> Open Look look and feel and am  thinking of using the OLGX library
> to do the Open Look drawing.
>
> The toolkit will use Xlib to interface to X  so wrapping around
> XView is not an option.

OLGX is the library XView uses to draw the Open Look
elements.  I've not seen any documentation on the interface,
but I too would be interested if there is some.

> Also can someone direct me to any documents which describe the
> Open Look design phiosophy. That is the document telling tool makers
> what they need to have to ne OpenLook compliant.  I do not have
> ftp access but am connected to uunet.

The definitive documents are those published by Addison Wesley.
You get them when you buy OpenWindows, but you can also order
them from the publisher and, I imagine, from bookstores.  The
documents are:

	o OPEN LOOK Graphical User Interface
	  Application Style Guidelines by Sun and AT&T

	  Describes how applications should look and feel.

	o OPEN LOOK Graphical User Interface
	  Functional Specification

          Describes how the interface is to look and feel.  If you
	  are developing a toolkit, this is the one in which you are
	  most interested.

> 			Thanks
>
> --
> Frank Caggiano                      INTERNET: fcaggian@kepler.com
> Kepler Financial Management, Ltd.       UUCP:
..!uunet!kepler1!fcaggian
> 100 North Country Rd.                    fax: (516) 751-8678
> Sekauket, NY 11733                     voice: (516) 689-6300

--

---
Greg Pasquariello