[comp.windows.open-look] convertfont + x3270

jdr@sloth.mlb.semi.harris.com (Jim Ray) (01/22/91)

Susan Bickford from sun straitened me out.  It appears that I was
missing a step.  Here is her response:

{From: susan.bickford@East.Sun.COM
{Subject: Re:  convertfont + x3270 Re: Font aliases with OpenWindows?
{
{I don't have x3270 or the font, but I just took a random 14 pt. bdf file,
{named it "3270" in the bdf file itself and called it 3270.bdf and
{then converted it.  Everything seems fine for me, so looking at your
{description more closely, it seems like maybe you skipped bldfamily.
{The process should be:
{
{1.  convertfont
{2.  bldfamily
{3.  xset +fp `pwd` or xset fp rehash
{4.  xlsfonts ...
{
{If you didn't skip bldfamily, you can send me the bdf file
{and I'll see what I can do.  Convertfont is not without its bugs.
{(All fixed in the next release, of course :-)
{

I'd like to thank Susan again for her quick and correct response.

--
Jim Ray                                Harris Semiconductor
Internet:  jdr@semi.harris.com         PO Box 883   MS 62B-022

jsparkes@bwdls49.bnr.ca (Jeff Sparkes) (01/22/91)

In <1991Jan22.023140.6885@mlb.semi.harris.com> jdr@sloth.mlb.semi.harris.com (Jim Ray) writes:

>Susan Bickford from sun straitened me out.  It appears that I was
>missing a step.  Here is her response:

>{From: susan.bickford@East.Sun.COM
>{Subject: Re:  convertfont + x3270 Re: Font aliases with OpenWindows?
>{
>{I don't have x3270 or the font, but I just took a random 14 pt. bdf file,
>{named it "3270" in the bdf file itself and called it 3270.bdf and
>{then converted it.  Everything seems fine for me, so looking at your
>{description more closely, it seems like maybe you skipped bldfamily.
>{The process should be:
>{
>{1.  convertfont
>{2.  bldfamily
>{3.  xset +fp `pwd` or xset fp rehash
>{4.  xlsfonts ...
>{
>{If you didn't skip bldfamily, you can send me the bdf file
>{and I'll see what I can do.  Convertfont is not without its bugs.
>{(All fixed in the next release, of course :-)
>{

>I'd like to thank Susan again for her quick and correct response.

You also have to add
COMMENT ENCODING UNKNOWN
right after
STARTFONT 2.1
since convertfont expects an ASCII type font encoding....
--
Jeff Sparkes jsparkes@bnr.ca	Bell-Northern Research, Ottawa (613)765-2503
Another feature is that the seats float, so that the airline can recover