[comp.windows.open-look] Bug In Calendar Manager?

montnaro@spyder.crd.ge.com (Skip Montanaro) (02/06/91)

I start Sun's calendar manager from .xinitrc as follows:

  cm -Wx small -geometry 470x500+50+200 -Wi -bg peachpuff -fg blue -WL cm &

When I want to add a new appointment to my calendar, I double click on the
day. With cm started iconic as above (-Wi), the appointment scheduler is
started iconified. I must then open the scheduler before using it. This
looks like a bug to me. Is it known to Sun?

--
Skip (montanaro@crdgw1.ge.com)

montnaro@spyder.crd.ge.com (Skip Montanaro) (02/07/91)

I wrote earlier that when I start OW's calendar manager iconic, that the
appointment scheduler window is started iconic as well, whenever I want to
create an appointment (not jsut the first time). I neglected to mention that
I am using mwm (1.1) as my window manager. A couple people replied
indicating that it is not a problem when running olwm. Perhaps there is some
bug in mwm or cm related to ICCCMedness.

--
Skip (montanaro@crdgw1.ge.com)

fwp1@CC.MsState.Edu (Frank Peters) (02/07/91)

: On 7 Feb 91 13:28:25 GMT, montnaro@spyder.crd.ge.com (Skip Montanaro) said:

In article <MONTNARO.91Feb7082825@spyder.crd.ge.com> montnaro@spyder.crd.ge.com (Skip Montanaro) writes:

SM> I wrote earlier that when I start OW's calendar manager iconic, that the
SM> appointment scheduler window is started iconic as well, whenever I want to
SM> create an appointment (not jsut the first time). I neglected to mention that
SM> I am using mwm (1.1) as my window manager. A couple people replied
SM> indicating that it is not a problem when running olwm. Perhaps there is some
SM> bug in mwm or cm related to ICCCMedness.

I don't know whether it is a bug or not but this problem also occurs
with twm, uwm and gwm.  These are the three window managers I've
played with. I think it very possible that the problem is with any
window manager besides olwm.

FWP
--
Frank Peters   Internet:  fwp1@CC.MsState.Edu         Bitnet:  FWP1@MsState
               Phone:     (601)325-2942               FAX:     (601)325-8921