[comp.windows.open-look] Change xterm icon under olwm - possible?

tim@cs.columbia.edu (Timothy Jones) (02/21/91)

You have to do it on the command line, since olwm doesn't support custom icons
in the resource file.  I use:

	 xterm -xrm "*IconPixmap: /usr/include/X11/bitmaps/terminal"

Tim
--
Timothy Jones
Research Staff

fwp1@CC.MsState.Edu (Frank Peters) (02/21/91)

In article <1867@hslrswi.hasler.ascom.ch> barr@hasler.ascom.ch (Stuart J. Barr) writes:

barr> Does anybody know if it's possible to change the icon for xterm
barr> under OpenWindows 2.0, running olwm?  I tried setting Icon.Pixmap
barr> in my .Xdefaults for the XTerm, but to no avail.  Has anybody got
barr> this working?

I suspect you are using the wrong resource name.  Here's the entry
from my .Xdefaults file:

       XTerm*iconPixmap:       /home2/cc/fwp1/.icons/ss1.xbm

If you want different icons for different xterms you can do things
like the following:

       Elm*iconPixmap: /home2/cc/fwp1/.icons/calvin.xbm
       Ra*iconPixmap:  /home2/cc/fwp1/.icons/490.xbm

Then run commands like:

       xterm -name Elm -e elm &

or

       xrsh ra xterm -name Ra

(where xrsh is a program to run the xterm remotely on the machine
named ra).

Regards,
Frank
--
Frank Peters   Internet:  fwp1@CC.MsState.Edu         Bitnet:  FWP1@MsState
               Phone:     (601)325-2942               FAX:     (601)325-8921

grp@Unify.com (Greg Pasquariello) (02/23/91)

writes:

> Hi people.
>
> Does anybody know if it's possible to change the icon for xterm
> under OpenWindows 2.0, running olwm?  I tried setting Icon.Pixmap
> in my .Xdefaults for the XTerm, but to no avail.  Has anybody got
> this working?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Close.  Try xterm*iconPixmap

--