[comp.windows.open-look] Toolkit for Open Look *and* OSF/Motif Look and Feel why I don't believe

In article <100920299@hpcvlx.cv.hp.com> ben@hpcvlx.cv.hp.com (Benjamin Ellsworth) writes:

>> ... Now "Reply" is a real common function in a mail program. ...
>
>When the user is comfortable enough with the command set of the tool to
>know immediately which command they want, keyboard accelerators should
>be provided.  I don't want to my hands to have to leave the keyboard.
>Waving the mouse around is in my opinion the last option of a desparate
>user ;-)

And accelerators are provided.  However I still have to put the
entry somewhere on the screen.  And I still want the buttons, because
mousing is actually somewhat faster when you are reading mail, since
otherwise you have to tab to the message list window and scroll it when
you want to browse around, and tab to the mail view window and scroll it
around.  All that assuming you know which keys on the keyboard scroll,
since most times they aren't labeled as such.  But we do make heavy use
of accelerators (something which several GUI independant toolkits don't
allow, I might add).  However that still doesn't solve the problem.

--
Alfalfa Software, Inc.          |       Poste:  The EMail for Unix
nazgul@alfalfa.com              |       Send Anything... Anywhere

I'm not sure which upsets me more; that people are so unwilling to accept
everyone else's.