[comp.windows.open-look] colors

us288168@mmm.serc.3m.com (Joan K. Wosika) (02/27/91)

I`ve run into some stuff that I can't seem to get around, maybe I can't get
around it, but I thought someone on the net may be able to give me some insights.

My problem is color.  Is there a way to have Dev Guide come up with a
color other than what my window dressing is for my development
environment?  The problem is this, whatever color I have configured for
my window borders is the color that guide comes up in, and thus the
buttons created for my application are also this color.  Changing the
color in the properties window withing guide only changes the writing on
the button.  Sure I can change the color of my entire working
environment and then bring guide up again, and the color guide comes up
in will give me new button colors, but this seems ludicrous.  Is there a
way in the .Xdefaults file to bring applications up with different
border colors?  There seems to be indications that this is possible from
some of the default stuff that is there like emacs*forground:  etc., but
I have not been able to make this work for guide.  Even if I cannot do
it through guide, is there a way to set the buttons (not the label but
the button colors to be a specific color?

Any help would be appreciated.

Please direct responses to my mail address below.

jarober@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu (DE Robertson james an 740-9172) (02/28/91)

In article <1991Feb27.154658.3097@mmm.serc.3m.com> us288168@mmm.serc.3m.com (Joan K. Wosika) writes:

>I`ve run into some stuff that I can't seem to get around, maybe I can't get
>around it, but I thought someone on the net may be able to give me some insights.
>
>My problem is color.  Is there a way to have Dev Guide come up with a
>color other than what my window dressing is for my development
>environment?  The problem is this, whatever color I have configured for
>my window borders is the color that guide comes up in, and thus the
>buttons created for my application are also this color.  Changing the
>color in the properties window withing guide only changes the writing on
>the button.  Sure I can change the color of my entire working
>environment and then bring guide up again, and the color guide comes up
>in will give me new button colors, but this seems ludicrous.  Is there a
>way in the .Xdefaults file to bring applications up with different
>border colors?  There seems to be indications that this is possible from
>some of the default stuff that is there like emacs*forground:  etc., but
>I have not been able to make this work for guide.  Even if I cannot do
>it through guide, is there a way to set the buttons (not the label but
>the button colors to be a specific color?
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

I would also like any information on this that is available. Post here or
email me, please.

jarober@aplcen.apl.edu