[comp.windows.open-look] Some X-View programming questions

871579l@aucs.AcadiaU.ca (Todd Lowe) (03/09/91)

I'm currently working on a project that requires me to program
in X-view.  I'm doing quite well, but I only have the distribution
examples and no real documentation. There are three things I'd like to
do but am not quite sure if or how they can be.

1.  I have a procedure (myquitproc() that is called when the user
    presses a quit button I have created. I'd like this to be called
    also when the existing Window Close menu option is selected.

2.  I have a tty in a frame created basically like this:
		   subframe = (Frame)xv_create(frame, FRAME,
					   FRAME_LABEL,   "Command Output:",
			             XV_WIDTH,      xv_get(frame,XV_WIDTH),
					   XV_HEIGHT,     xv_get(frame,XV_HEIGHT),
					   FRAME_SHOW_FOOTER, TRUE,
					   NULL);
             tty = (Tty)xv_create(subframe,      TTY,
					   TTY_ARGV,            myargv,
					   NULL);

    Where subframe is the tty frame, and frame is it's parent.

    I'd like to be able to determine when the command 'myargv' has
    finished execution,and I'd like to be able to have either the
    Window menu disabled (so it can't be closed) or have it as a pin-able
    window. Neither of these I've seen in the example programs.

thanks in advance,

todd lowe
871579l@aucs.acadiau.ca
todd@falcon.acadiau.ca

jarober@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu (DE Robertson james an 740-9172) (03/10/91)

In article <1991Mar9.145401.28633@aucs.AcadiaU.ca> 871579l@aucs.acadiau.ca (Todd Lowe) writes:

>I'm currently working on a project that requires me to program
>in X-view.  I'm doing quite well, but I only have the distribution
>examples and no real documentation. There are three things I'd like to
>do but am not quite sure if or how they can be.
>
>1.  I have a procedure (myquitproc() that is called when the user
>    presses a quit button I have created. I'd like this to be called
>    also when the existing Window Close menu option is selected.

	On this one, use one of the notify procs - I think it's NotifyDoneProc
or something similiar. The documentation is in the O'Reilly book, Volume 7
(Xview Programming). That's the only 'real' reference that Sun provides for
Xview. So get that book and you should be ok.

--
Jim Robertson,   INET: jarober@warper.jhuapl.edu, jarober@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu
Johns Hopkins Univ./APL   UUCP: {backbone!}mimsy!aplcen!jarober