[comp.windows.open-look] Icon Colormaps

clunie@bloch.ohsu.edu (David Clunie) (04/17/91)

Does anyone know the correct way to set the colormap for an Icon ?

I have experimented and found that I need to give the colormap name
to the server image of the icon, and that passing a cms to the icon
itself doesn't work. This seems a little klutzy.

(My application is to display large color images with their own, or a
dithered palette, and to use a small image as the icon when the frame
is closed).

Regards ... david (clunie@ohsu.edu)

steve@cad0.arch.unsw.oz.au (Stephen Peter) (04/17/91)

In article <1991Apr17.000232.16746@ohsu.edu> clunie@bloch.ohsu.edu (David Clunie) writes:

>Does anyone know the correct way to set the colormap for an Icon ?
.
.
>(My application is to display large color images with their own, or a
>dithered palette, and to use a small image as the icon when the frame
>is closed).
>
>Regards ... david (clunie@ohsu.edu)

I can't answer your question, exactly, but:

In the Utah Raster Toolkit (available from utah by ftp) there is a program
called "getx11" which displays utah RLE files;  when these windows are
closed, the icon is the image....

This seems to be similar to what you want.  If you track down this program
it should answer some of your questions (even if only in X).

good luck
  Stephen.
--
 _--_|\                                           steve@cad0.arch.unsw.oz.au