[comp.windows.open-look] How does one install *.snf fonts under OpenWindows?

de5@ornl.gov (Dave Sill) (04/19/91)

I have a couple .snf fonts on an MIT X Sun that I want to copy to an
OpenWindows Sun.  How can this be done?

Thanks in advance.

--
Dave Sill (de5@ornl.gov)	  It will be a great day when our schools have
Martin Marietta Energy Systems    all the money they need and the Air Force

mleisher@nmsu.edu (Mark Leisher) (04/20/91)

In article <1991Apr19.141626.25380@cs.utk.edu> de5@ornl.gov (Dave Sill) writes:

 >I have a couple .snf fonts on an MIT X Sun that I want to copy to an
 >OpenWindows Sun.  How can this be done?

Get snftobdf, convert the SNF fonts to BDF format, and then run the
OW "convertfont" program to get the OW format fonts.

snftobdf is part of bdftools which is available as:

crl.nmsu.edu:pub/misc/bdftools.tar.Z  [128.123.1.14]
export.lcs.mit.edu:contrib/bdftools.tar.Z  [18.30.0.238]
mleisher@nmsu.edu                      "I laughed.
Mark Leisher                                I cried.
Computing Research Lab                          I fell down.
New Mexico State University                        It changed my life."
Las Cruces, NM                     - Rich [Cowboy Feng's Space Bar and Grille]