[comp.windows.open-look] Bringing up XView apps iconified...

salc@aristotle.shearson.com (Sal Cataudella) (05/03/91)

Hi folks,

	what is the easiest, most straight-forward way of bringing up an off the
shelf XView app as an icon ?

Thanx in advance,

--Sal
--
 Sal Cataudella
 Internet: salc@alfred.shearson.com

helvie@EBay.Sun.COM (Fred Helvie) (05/03/91)

salc@aristotle.shearson.com (Sal Cataudella) writes:

>Hi folks,
>
>	what is the easiest, most straight-forward way of bringing up an off the
>shelf XView app as an icon ?

use the command line arg '-Wi' as such:

% shelltool -Wi &

Fred Helvie
Sun Education

dmaustin@vivid.sun.com (Darren Austin) (05/03/91)

In article <SALC.91May2141618@aristotle.shearson.com> salc@aristotle.shearson.com (Sal Cataudella) writes:

> what is the easiest, most straight-forward way of bringing up an off the
> shelf XView app as an icon ?

  <app> -Wi

should do the trick.  For other XView command line information,
use the -help command line option.

--Darren
--
Darren Austin                         |  Actually, it's a buck and a quarter
Windows and Graphics Software	      |  staff, but I'm not going to tell