[comp.windows.open-look] Very slow scrolling command tool

hugh@slee01.srl.ford.com (Hugh Fader) (05/02/91)

Help. Suddenly my command tool has begun to scroll very slowly when I
hold down the up or down arrow on the scroll bar. I haven't installed
any new software or made significant changes in the system
configuration recently. My configuration is SS1, 24 MB, 19" mono
monitor, SunOS 4.1.1.

Has anyone else had this problem?

--
Hugh Fader
hugh@slee01.srl.ford.com

hugh@slee01.srl.ford.com (Hugh Fader) (05/04/91)

Clifford D. Morrison (edsr!bigdaddy!cdm@uunet.UU.NET) replied:

> Try pressing the left mouse on the up or down arrow, then pulling off the
> scrollbar while holding the mouse button down.  Your speedy scroll returns!
>
>Why this happens is another question!

This does work. Does anyone know why? Did I just imagine the slowdown
or did it really just begin recently?
--
Hugh Fader
hugh@slee01.srl.ford.com