[comp.windows.open-look] Changing fonts in a scrolling list

csb@gdwb.oz.au (Craig Bishop) (05/15/91)

Is this possible?

There is a PANEL_LIST_FONT setting for scolling lists but it
isn't documented anywhere in the Xview book or in suns
documentation.

I have text which I want to line up correctly and I want to use
a fixed font in thescrolling list.
--
Craig Bishop			Geelong & District Water Board
Phone: +61 52 262506		61-67 Ryrie St Geelong

helvie@EBay.Sun.COM (Fred Helvie) (05/17/91)

csb@gdwb.oz.au (Craig Bishop) writes:

>Is this possible?

>There is a PANEL_LIST_FONT setting for scolling lists but it
>isn't documented anywhere in the Xview book or in suns
>documentation.

>I have text which I want to line up correctly and I want to use
>a fixed font in thescrolling list.

The default font for the list item is inherited from the panel,
so if one font is desired, create the panel with a font:

	f1 = xv_find( frame, FONT,
			FONT_NAME, "screen-bold-18",
			0 );

	panel = xv_create(frame, PANEL,
			XV_FONT, f1,
			0);

	list_item = xv_create(panel, PANEL_LIST,
			PANEL_CHOOSE_ONE,	FALSE,
			PANEL_LIST_WIDTH,	100,
			PANEL_LABEL_STRING,	"List Item",
			PANEL_LIST_DISPLAY_ROWS, 3,
			PANEL_LIST_STRINGS,
				"One", "Two", "Three", 0,
			0);

If you desire different fonts for each item in the list:

	f1 = xv_find( frame, FONT,
			FONT_NAME, "screen-bold-12",
			0 );

	f2 = xv_find( frame, FONT,
			FONT_NAME, "lucidasans-italic-10",
			0 );

	f3 = xv_find( frame, FONT,
			FONT_NAME, "courier-14",
			0 );

	list_item = xv_create(panel, PANEL_LIST,
			PANEL_CHOOSE_ONE,	FALSE,
			PANEL_LIST_WIDTH,	100,
			PANEL_LABEL_STRING,	"List Item",
			PANEL_LIST_DISPLAY_ROWS, 3,
			PANEL_LIST_STRINGS,
				"One", "Two", "Three", 0,
			PANEL_LIST_FONTS,
				f1, f2, f3, 0,
			0);

The attribute:

	 PANEL_LIST_FONT, index, font,

is for setting a font on a single list item.

The xview header files are always the "definitive" reference - xview/panel.h  :^)

Fred Helvie
Sun Education - Milpitas, CA - USA

** Sender Unknown ** (05/18/91)

> I have text which I want to line up correctly and I want to use
> a fixed font in thescrolling list.

	1.  Bring up your app with a different (fixed) font:

		% app -font lucidasanstypewriter-bold-12

	2.  Use PANEL_LIST_FONT(S) when you put stuff into the list.

	3.  Change the font on the panel that owns the panel list
	    to a fixed font.

	Frank G.