[comp.windows.open-look] textsw interposing

fgreco@govt.shearson.com (Frank Greco) (06/13/91)

<18827@prometheus.megatest.UUCP> writes:

>When I attach a handler to the textsw directly, it does not receive the
>keyboard events. When I attach to a view on the textsw (a Xv_Window), I get
>the keyboard events just fine, but SO DOES THE DAMN TEXTSW! It does its thing
>after I get through doing my thing, willy-nilly. I've tried every combindation
>of WIN_EVENT_PROC, WIN_NOTIFY_SAFE_EVENT_PROC, et cetera that I can think of.
>I've read the XVIEW Programming Manual cover-to-cover (yuck!) and now about
>all I can do is put my index finger horizontally to lips and make burbling
>noises.
>
>What is the magic formula?

 Did you try:

        notify_interpose_event_func(textsw_first(tsw), tsw_eproc, NOTIFY_SAFE);

	  [where tsw is your TEXTSW and tsw_eproc is the name of your event procedure]

        and make sure you return NOTIFY_DONE in your tsw_eproc()?

	I agree, the XVPM is a bit lacking in this area...

        Frank G.