[comp.windows.open-look] Unscubscribe

hallett@positron.com (Jeff Hallett 548-5163 ) (06/13/91)

Please unsubscribe me from the mailing list.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Jeff

brown@ftms.UUCP (Vidiot) (06/17/91)

In article <zdps4nw@openlook.Unify.Com> hallett@positron.com (Jeff Hallett 548-5163	) writes:
<
<Please unsubscribe me from the mailing list.

Could someone please explain this posting?  I have been a newsreader for MANY
a year.  But, how can someone ask to be taken from a mailing list when this
is a newsgroup and not a mailing list?  Is there a gateway that takes this
newsgroup and puts it out as a mailing list?

If Jeff is using rn or nn as a newsreader, he can just "unsubscribe" the
newsgroup.
--
harvard\
  ucbvax!uwvax!astroatc!ftms!brown

zinnato@NADC.NADC.NAVY.MIL (06/20/91)

>Could someone please explain this posting?  I have been a newsreader for MANY
>a year.  But, how can someone ask to be taken from a mailing list when this
>is a newsgroup and not a mailing list?  Is there a gateway that takes this
>newsgroup and puts it out as a mailing list?

>If Jeff is using rn or nn as a newsreader, he can just "unsubscribe" the
>newsgroup.
>--

Well, if you've been a newsreader for MANY a year, by now you'd realize that
many of us do not have access to news and have to receive the news via an
email gateway.  I'm pretty sure that almost every newsgroup is set up
this way.  I subscribe to comp.windows.x , comp.windows.openlook, and about
of other newsgroups' email addresses.  Yes, it's a pain... I've been known
to have anywhere from 150 to 300 mail messages a day (it's really fun when
I go away for a week), but it's the only way some of us can get the "news".