[comp.windows.open-look] gxv_merge

doehr@magellan.den.mmc.com (Brett B. Doehr) (06/17/91)

In article <4404@jethro.Corp.Sun.COM>, toone@looney.Corp.Sun.COM (Nolan Toone) writes:
|> Well, I am nobody official but let me clear up a few things.
|>
|> As mentioned in a previous followup Devguide produces a *.G file which
|> gxv parses and creates a *_ui.c and *_stubs.c files (along with a couple of
|> others). the *_ui.c file SHOULD NOT BE TOUCHED. The *_stubs.c file
|> however is exactly that. It contains the calbacks(stubs) and the main routines
|> that you do want to edit. Then when you want to change your interface
|> you rerun guide then INSTEAD of useing gxv use gxv_merge (I am not
|> sure if it is documented or supported but it work fine and I believe in
|> the next release it will be built into gxv). gxv_merge redoes the files
|> and merges your changes back into them.
|>
|> Nolan Toone

For those of us who are hacking C++, is there any plans for a gxv++_merge?
I checked the guide binaries and nothing seems to exist.  I hadn't even
been aware of the gxv_merge until your posting, but something similar for
gxv++ users sure would be nice (hint, hint). 8-)

--Brett.

============================================================|
Brett B. Doehr           Martin Marietta Astronautics Group |
Voice: (303) 977-1504           Internet: doehr@den.mmc.com |
Fax:   (303) 977-1530               America Online: BrettBD |
    "Writing software that only a mother could love..."     |
============================================================|

watson@spot.Eng.Sun.COM (Robert Watson) (06/21/91)

In article <1991Jun17.152359.8080@den.mmc.com> doehr@magellan.den.mmc.com (Brett B. Doehr) writes:
>For those of us who are hacking C++, is there any plans for a gxv++_merge?
>I checked the guide binaries and nothing seems to exist.  I hadn't even
>been aware of the gxv_merge until your posting, but something similar for
>gxv++ users sure would be nice (hint, hint). 8-)

Fear not, the next release (3.0) has the merge feature directly built
into gxv, gxv++, golit and gnt. It's on by default, you can defeat it
with the -n flag.

> I hadn't even been aware of the gxv_merge....

It was completed after the SQA cycle, rather than delay the release
we included it as "demo quality", it was only documented in the RTF.

Devguide 3.0 will be entering Beta testing next month.

--
Robert Watson 1-40		watson@Eng.Sun.COM
Sun Microsystems Inc.		+1 415-336-2972