[comp.org.uniforum] OSF BOF at Usenix and Uniform

hermi@osf.osf.org (Harminder Singh) (01/15/91)

The Open Software Foundation BOF schedule for the upcoming
Usenix/Uniform in Dallas is as follows :

6:00-7:30pm	Tuesday	1/22/91	Loews Anatole Hotel, Emerald Room
8:00-10:00pm	Tuesday 1/22/91	Grand Kempinski Hotel, Salon 2

enjoy,

-Hermi

this stuff is my idea, not that of my neighbor nor my employer

In article <18002@paperboy.OSF.ORG> hermi@osf.osf.org (Harminder Singh) writes:
>The Open Software Foundation BOF schedule for the upcoming
>Usenix/Uniform in Dallas is as follows :

Is this a BOF (Birds Of a Feather session), where interested people gather
for informal chat, or a lecture -- with scheduled speakers and prepared
slides -- posing as a BOF?
--
If the Space Shuttle was the answer,   | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
what was the question?                 |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry

I wrote:
>>The Open Software Foundation BOF schedule for the upcoming
>>Usenix/Uniform in Dallas is as follows :
>
>Is this a BOF (Birds Of a Feather session), where interested people gather
>for informal chat, or a lecture -- with scheduled speakers and prepared
>slides -- posing as a BOF?

My spies tell me it is likely to be the latter, which is what I expected...
--

mary@unisoft.UUCP (Mary Seabrook) (01/19/91)

henry@zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:

>In article <18002@paperboy.OSF.ORG> hermi@osf.osf.org (Harminder Singh) writes:
>>The Open Software Foundation BOF schedule for the upcoming
>>Usenix/Uniform in Dallas is as follows :

>Is this a BOF (Birds Of a Feather session), where interested people gather
>for informal chat, or a lecture -- with scheduled speakers and prepared
>slides -- posing as a BOF?
>--
>If the Space Shuttle was the answer,   | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
>what was the question?                 |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry

The original article in this was quite misleading.

I have been in contact with those people at OSF responsible for the USENIX BOF
and they have assured me that there is nothing in common between it and the
meeting associated with the UNIFORUM show. It will be held by thier techincal
people and although it will contain a short presentation, it is intended as an
opportunity for technical people to talk about internal details of the OSF
products. As far as I understand it the presentation is to be something of the
nature of a Work In Progress talk to give a basis for discussion.

Please contact me if you are concerned with the content of any of the BOF
sessions as I will be trying to monitor what makes a good BOF.

Regards

Mary

--
mary@unisoft.com