[comp.org.uniforum] Products Directory

WTQ@psuvm.psu.edu (Reid Woolery) (03/12/91)

The head of my division will not allow my office to join UNIFORUM or to pur-
chase their Products Directory. Does anyone know is the info in this directory
is available from any other source for free? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

bernie@DIALix.oz.au (Bernd Felsche) (03/17/91)

In <91070.160216WTQ@psuvm.psu.edu> WTQ@psuvm.psu.edu (Reid Woolery) writes:

>The head of my division will not allow my office to join UNIFORUM or to pur-
>chase their Products Directory. Does anyone know is the info in this directory
>is available from any other source for free? Any help would be greatly
>appreciated.

The information in the Products Directory is only available from
UniForum.  It's their own database, built from summaries provided by
vendors.

The only other way to get the same range of information, is to put
an ad in the paper, and wade through a flood of marketing junk...
but then, that's not free, is it?

IMHO, the Products Directory (part of UniForum Membership) pays for
itself in well under 3 months.

As for the head of your division, I humbly suggest that he/she
remove his/her blinkers and look at a copy of the Directory.

Meanwhile, do yourself a favour, and join UniForum as an
individual.
--
 ________Bernd_Felsche__________bernie@DIALix.oz.au_____________
[ Phone: +61 9 419 2297		19 Coleman Road			]