[net.music] Nico & Stravinsky

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (07/22/85)

> From: rpk@mit-eddie.UUCP (Robert Krajewski)

> Where is Nico anyway, these days ?

Well she just came out with a new album.  I don't remember the name,
though (I'm not a fan (yet?)).

>   [Me:] The world began in 1966 (?) when the Beatles released "Rubber
>   Soul" and it's been going strong ever since!  You just have to wade
>   through lots of swill to see that it's still there!

> Nope, it either began when the blues were born (and who can say when that
> was ?) or people started to bang rocks (aha !) together for fun instead of
> survival.

Actually it began when Stravinsky wrote "The Rite of Spring".  Now
there's a piece of music!

				-Doug Alan
				  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)

"An *honest* citizen would settle for a standard processor and a few
thousand megabytes of fast storage."