[gnu.emacs.help] GNU Motif mode?

nichol@asc.slb.com (Bruce Nichol) (03/06/91)

	Does anyone have a GNU emacs motif mode for uil files?  Any
pointers would be appreciated.

nichol@asc.slb.com
--

			Bruce

colin@nbc1.ge.com (Colin Rafferty) (03/07/91)

In article <1991Mar5.213825.23731@asc.slb.com> nichol@asc.slb.com (Bruce Nichol) writes:
> Does anyone have a GNU emacs motif mode for uil files?  Any
> pointers would be appreciated.

I haven't seen one around, but I just use c-mode, and it does pretty
much what is expected.  As long as you can get the very top widget
indented right by hand, there is no problem.

Of course, the nice thing about c-mode is that I use cpp before uil,
which is very useful if you want to use the same constants across UIL
and C.  To do this easily, I have in all my Makefiles the following
implicit rule:

.uil.uid	:
		@echo uil $(CFLAGS) -I/usr/include/uil $*.uil -o $@
		@$(CC) -P $(CFLAGS) $*.uil -o $*.i
		@uil -I/usr/include/uil $*.i -o $@
		@rm -f $*.i

--
Colin Owen Rafferty              |      I believe in compulsory cannibalism.
colin@nbc1.ge.com                |      If people were forced to eat