[gnu.g++.help] Name Distortion Scheme Needed

tiemann@eng.sun.com (Michael Tiemann) (03/06/91)

   Date: 4 Mar 91 21:44:01 GMT
   From: agate!usenet@usenet.ins.cwru.edu  (Andrew M. Choi)
   Sender: help-g++-request@prep.ai.mit.edu

   Hi.  Would someone please tell me where I can find
   information about the function name distortion scheme used
   by g++-1.37.2?  Furthermore, does anyone know for sure if
   this scheme will be used in (near) future versions of
   g++?

   I thank you in advance for your help.

   Name:  Andrew Choi	Internet Addr:  achoi@cory.berkeley.edu
   Tel:   (415)848-5658
   #include <std/disclaimer.h>

g++/cplus-dem.c

Michael

tiemann@eng.sun.com (Michael Tiemann) (03/07/91)

   Date: 5 Mar 91 21:39:37 GMT
   From: labc-1ia@web-3c.berkeley.edu  (Andrew M. Choi)
   Sender: help-g++-request@prep.ai.mit.edu

   tiemann@cygnus.com writes:

   >>   Hi.  Would someone please tell me where I can find
   >>   information about the function name distortion scheme used
   >>   by g++-1.37.2?  Furthermore, does anyone know for sure if
   >>   this scheme will be used in (near) future versions of
   >>   g++?
   >
   >g++/cplus-dem.c
   >
   >Michael

   That's great ... thanks a lot, however ...... how do you go the other
   way?  That is, given the string "_foo__1Ai", it should return "A::foo(int)"

   Again, thanks for the help.

   Name:  Andrew Choi	Internet Addr:  achoi@cory.berkeley.edu
   Tel:   (415)848-5658
   #include <std/disclaimer.h>

This is exactly what the function cplus_demangle does in cplus-dem.c

   Date: 5 Mar 91 21:44:19 GMT
   From: labc-1ia@web-3c.berkeley.edu  (Andrew M. Choi)
   Sender: help-g++-request@prep.ai.mit.edu

   In article <1991Mar5.213937.12247@agate.berkeley.edu> labc-1ia@web-3c.berkeley.edu (Andrew M. Choi) writes:
   >tiemann@cygnus.com writes:
   >>
   >>>   Hi.  Would someone please tell me where I can find
   >>>   information about the function name distortion scheme used
   >>>   by g++-1.37.2?  Furthermore, does anyone know for sure if
   >>>   this scheme will be used in (near) future versions of
   >>>   g++?
   >>
   >>g++/cplus-dem.c
   >>
   >>Michael
   >
   >That's great ... thanks a lot, however ...... how do you go the other
   >way?  That is, given the string "_foo__1Ai", it should return "A::foo(int)"

     Oops .. I mean given the string "A::foo(int)", it should return "_foo__1Ai".
     In other words, a mangler ....

   >Again, thanks for the help.

   Name:  Andrew Choi	Internet Addr:  achoi@cory.berkeley.edu
   Tel:   (415)848-5658
   #include <std/disclaimer.h>

This is build_overload_name in cplus-method.c.

Michael