[alt.censorship] Fooling the censors

zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Sameer Parekh) (03/13/91)

	I have something to say.

In article <CNH5730.91Mar7100654@maraba.tamu.edu> cnh5730@maraba.tamu.edu writes:

>If you are going to offer news groups to down-stream sites, you do
>_NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHICH NEWS GROUPS YOU ARE GOING TO
>DENY TO THE HUMAN BEINGS DOWN-STREAM FROM YOU_.
	I grant you this opinion . . .(I am yet undecided what would be right.)

>I would submit that the only reason news feeds have been able to get
>away with this so far is that no legal case has been initiated in
>which quality lawyers have been enlisted. I, for one, would be willing
>to donate to such a case if a lawyer like William Kunstler were
>retained.
	No.  We should not bring lawyers into this and the government, etc.
The net is working very well as an anarchy, and it should stay that way. . .
if it become general.net.practice to do as you stated above, then what should
be done to sites that don't follow this rule is to discontinue their feed,
not call in lawyers and involve the government and the courts. (And we all
know what it takes for the government to burn a witch.)

--
zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM