[net.music] Good & Bad Music, Motorhead, Einsturzende Neubauten

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (07/22/85)

> From: cim2@pyuxv.UUCP (Robert L. Fair)

> ... in this particular case the repetition of themes is pretty brain
> damaging, with the notable exception of bands like MOTORHEAD.

> Have you ever seem a German group called Einstenze Neubatan (Collapsing
> New Buildings) ? That is exactly what they do (Only without the
> Gorilla outfit) They are **tremendously** sucessful as well - it
> looks like lots of people like it. But do they go for the music??

> Personally, I don't regard a load of chain-saws & power drills to be
> music - and even if I did, I wouldn't *pay* to see it - I'd go
> round the local construction site.

You don't really expect anyone to believe that Motorhead is better than
Einsturzende Neubauten, do you?  What has Motorhead ever done that's
worthwhile?  (Besides giving their fans permanent hearing damage...)
Lemmy should have had better sense than to get kicked out of Hawkwind, a
group that does know how to make good music.

Einsturzende Neubauten is very good!  They may not do much with melody
and harmony, but they do know how to get some pretty intense and
complex rhythms going.  And they sure do understand Angst.

				"Motorhead, remember me now
				 Motorhead, alright"

				 Doug Alan
				  nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (or ARPA)