[comp.unix.xenix.misc] Xenix 2.3.2, TCP/IP, DLINK-card!!!

mattij@tuura.UUCP (Matti Joutkoski) (05/22/91)

Has anyone tested DLINK card with SCO TCP/IP and Xenix 2.3.2?
DLINK card should to be 100% register compatible with 3COM 501-
card. Somehow it still doesn't work, it doesn't find it at all.

Is it possible that Xenix uses 3COM-cards deeper in HW than OS/2
and DOS, because that DLINK works ok with Novell, DOS aso...
Or is there some funny '3COM'-strings what Xenix try to find?

Matti Joutkoski, mattij@yj.data.nokia.fi, tel. + 358-0-5673866.

mcitron@phad.hsc.usc.edu (Mark Citron) (05/24/91)

In article <1183@tuura.UUCP> mattij@tuura.UUCP (Matti Joutkoski) writes:
>Has anyone tested DLINK card with SCO TCP/IP and Xenix 2.3.2?
>DLINK card should to be 100% register compatible with 3COM 501-
>card. Somehow it still doesn't work, it doesn't find it at all.

We use their DE100 with SCO Unix and Xenix without any problems (for
almost a year). D-Link will supply drivers (for free I think).

--
Mark Citron
mark@neurosci.usc.edu