[comp.text.sgml] [comp.text] ISO Standards -- DSSSL and SPDL

dre@cs.nott.ac.uk (David Evans) (10/25/90)

Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

[Reposted to comp.text.sgml from the newsgroup(s) comp.text.]

Does anyone know anything about the progress of the proposed DSSSL and SPDL
standards please?  I just need to know if they are in progress, if they have
produced any reports, or a working group name/number.  Any pointers or contacts
would be useful.  I believe that these may be ISO standards, but have not
managed to find out anything about them.

Thanks in advance,

	David Evans

|  David R Evans,			 JANET: dre@uk.ac.nott.cs	      |
|  Electronic Publishing Research Group, ARPA:  dre%nott.cs@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk|
|  Department of Computer Science,	 UUCP:  ... !mcvax!ukc!nott-cs!dre    |
|  University of Nottingham,		 Tel.	NOTTINGHAM(0602) 484848	      |
|  NOTTINGHAM, ENGLAND, NG7 2RD.		Ext. 2765		      |
David R Evans

hrs1@cbnewsi.att.com (herman.r.silbiger) (10/25/90)

In article <1990Oct24.234923.11636@math.lsa.umich.edu>, dre@cs.nott.ac.uk (David Evans) writes:

> Does anyone know anything about the progress of the proposed DSSSL and SPDL
> standards please?  I just need to know if they are in progress, if they have
> produced any reports, or a working group name/number.  Any pointers or contacts
> would be useful.  I believe that these may be ISO standards, but have not
> managed to find out anything about them.

The SPDL standard is coming along nicely.  The DSSSL still needs a lot of work
to satisfy its requirement.  Don't look for it in the near future.

Herman Silbiger

Markku.Savela@tel.vtt.fi (Markku Savela) (10/25/90)

In article <1990Oct24.234923.11636@math.lsa.umich.edu> dre@cs.nott.ac.uk (David Evans) writes:
>produced any reports, or a working group name/number.  Any pointers or contacts
  I can only give some numbers, the ones I have seen are just working
papers from the ISO:

DSSSL	ISO/IEC JTC1/SC18/WG8
	Last copy I have seen is Draft proposal DP 10179 (distributed
	as document SC18 N2030)

SPDL	ISO/IEC JTC1/SC18/WG8
	Draft Proposal DP 10180 ( SC18 N2031)
--