[comp.text.sgml] Standard Hypertext Interchange format

enag@ifi.uio.no (Erik Naggum) (05/25/91)

Yang Meng Tan writes:

|   However, there is work on an ANSI standard for hypertext. The
|   official title of this effort is "Information Technology -
|   Hypermedia/Time-based Structuring Language (HyTime)" ISO/IEC CD
|   10744.  The balloting is currently under way, so I don't expect any
|   official soon.  If anybody knows of preliminary documents, that are
|   available please let me know.

I think it's time to make the announcement that Steven Newcomb and I
have been sort of planning for a while.  Below is the announcement for
the first SIGhyper document, preceded by the README file accompanying
it at the ftp library.

SIGhyper/README						      1991-04-29

These documents are from the SGML Users' Group's (SGML-UG) Special
Interest Group on Hypertext and Multimedia (SIGhyper).	SIGhyper
documents and general information are available via anonymous FTP from

	ftp.ifi.uio.no			[129.240.88.1]

in the directory

	SIGhyper

All new documents will be announced in the USENET group comp.text.sgml
as they become available.  If (and only if) you can't use FTP service,
you may request the document via the Internet from

	<SIGhyper-request@ifi.uio.no>.

(Note: Each such request must be fulfilled manually.)  If SIGhyper
members wish to be personally updated on new documents available from
the FTP archive, they should send a note to that effect to the same
address.

To join SIGhyper, to obtain printed copies of SIGhyper documents and
other information about SIGhyper, contact Liam R. E. Quin, Secretary,
SIGhyper, c/o SoftQuad Inc., 720 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, Ontario,
Canada [voice: 416 963 8337; fax: 416 963 9575; internet: <lee@sq.com>].
The current (1991) chairman of SIGhyper is Steven R. Newcomb, c/o
TechnoTeacher, Inc., 1810 High Road, Tallahassee, FL 32303-4408 USA
[voice: 904 422 3574; fax: 904 386 2562; internet: <srn@cmr.fsu.edu>].

Erik Naggum
<SIGhyper-request@ifi.uio.no>
A new SIGhyper document is now available in the online library at
FTP.IFI.UIO.NO.

	SIGhyper doc # 1991-1

        Title:      Information about HyTime
       	Author:     Charles F. Goldfarb
	Mailbox:    gml@almaden.ibm.com
	Characters: 6,258

		pathname: SIGhyper/1991-001

The Hypermedia/Time-based Structuring Language (HyTime) is an
International Standard currently being balloted as a Committee Draft
(ISO/IEC CD 10744).  The ballot closes July 31.  A Draft International
Standard will then be published and balloted, with publication of the
approved standard expected next year.

This document is from the SGML Users' Group's (SGML-UG) Special
Interest Group on Hypertext and Multimedia (SIGhyper).	SIGhyper
documents and general information are available via anonymous FTP from
FTP.IFI.UIO.NO in the directory SIGhyper.  (Login via FTP with
username "anonymous" and user your network mail address (or "guest")
as password.)  All new documents will be announced in the USENET group
comp.text.sgml as they become available.  If (and only if) you can't
use FTP service, you may request the document via Internet mail from
<SIGhyper-request@ifi.uio.no>.  (Note: Each such request must be
fulfilled manually.)  If SIGhyper members wish to be personally
updated on new documents available from the FTP archive, they should
send a note to that effect to the same address.

To join SIGhyper, to obtain printed copies of SIGhyper documents and
other information about SIGhyper, contact Liam R. E. Quin, Secretary,
SIGhyper, c/o SoftQuad Inc., 720 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, Ontario,
Canada [voice: 416 963 8337; fax: 416 963 9575; internet: <lee@sq.com>].
The current (1991) chairman of SIGhyper is Steven R. Newcomb, c/o
TechnoTeacher, Inc., 1810 High Road, Tallahassee, FL 32303-4408 USA
[voice: 904 422 3574; fax: 904 386 2562; internet: <srn@cmr.fsu.edu>].

I hope this can be of some value.  Feel free to contact me, Lee or
Steven if you have any questions.

</Erik>  [FTP-archivist for SIGhyper]
--
Erik Naggum             Professional Programmer            +47-2-836-863
Naggum Software             Electronic Text             <ERIK@NAGGUM.NO>

jxr@thumper.bellcore.com (Jonathan Rosenberg) (05/27/91)

> A new SIGhyper document is now available in the online library at
> FTP.IFI.UIO.NO.

>	SIGhyper doc # 1991-1

>        Title:      Information about HyTime

Does anyone happen to have a copy of this document they could e-mail me?
 I can't reach ths host's network from here?  Thanks.

JR

enag@ifi.uio.no (Erik Naggum) (05/27/91)

Jonathan,

I quote from the announcement:

   If (and only if) you can't use FTP service,
   you may request the document via the Internet from

	   <SIGhyper-request@ifi.uio.no>.

   Erik Naggum
   <SIGhyper-request@ifi.uio.no>

In the general case: Just mail off a request to this address, and I'll
mail a copy of the document(s) requested back to you.

In your case, it should be in your mailbox relatively soon.

</Erik>