[comp.unix.programmer] Convertion Utility Required: .ASM to .s

sbandyo@swtec1.intel.com (Somenath Bandyopadhyay ~) (05/23/91)

Hi,

   I am looking for a tool (possibly a sed script) which converts i386
assembly routines in Intel assembly syntax to i386 AT&T assembly syntax.
An example is conversion of Microsoft's XXX.ASM files to UNIX's XXX.s file,
both for Intel architecture.
Even if this tool does about 90% of the conversion, it would be great and
I would like to have it. Thank you for taking the time and your help.

                                                 Thanks,
                                                Somenath.
						sbandyo@swtec1.intel.com

prema@swtec1.intel.com (Prema Jayashankar ~) (05/23/91)

Hi,

   I am looking for a tool (possibly a sed script) which converts i386
assembly routines in Intel assembly syntax to i386 AT&T assembly syntax.
An example is conversion of Microsoft's XXX.ASM files to UNIX's XXX.s file,
both for Intel architecture.
Even if this tool does about 90% of the conversion, it would be great and
I would like to have it. Thank you for taking the time and your help.

                                                 Thanks,
                                                 Prema
						pjayasha@smdvx1.intel.com

brendan@cs.widener.edu (Brendan Kehoe) (05/23/91)

First sbandyo@swtec1.intel.com then prema@swtec1.intel.com wrote:
>   I am looking for a tool (possibly a sed script) which converts i386
>assembly routines in Intel assembly syntax to i386 AT&T assembly syntax.
>An example is conversion of Microsoft's XXX.ASM files to UNIX's XXX.s file,
>both for Intel architecture.
>Even if this tool does about 90% of the conversion, it would be great and
>I would like to have it. Thank you for taking the time and your help.

Why did two people post the exact same article?

And why doesn't Intel (since you work for them) have something like
this for its own employees to use?

--
     Brendan Kehoe - Widener Sun Network Manager - brendan@cs.widener.edu
  Widener University in Chester, PA                A Bloody Sun-Dec War Zone

pjh@mccc.edu (Pete Holsberg) (05/24/91)

In article <67Y+2L=@cs.widener.edu> brendan@cs.widener.edu (Brendan Kehoe) writes:
=
=Why did two people post the exact same article?
=
=And why doesn't Intel (since you work for them) have something like
=this for its own employees to use?

"Why ask why?"  ;-)

BTW, is it pronounce "why-den-ner" or "wee-den-ner"?

Pete
--
Prof. Peter J. Holsberg      Mercer County Community College
Voice: 609-586-4800          Engineering Technology, Computers and Math