[comp.unix.shell] Less

norm@oglvee.UUCP (Norman Joseph) (09/24/90)

In <2715@idunno.Princeton.EDU> subbarao@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Kartik Subbarao) writes:

>Does any body have any suggestions as to how
>I can make less behave like more?

Yes.  Read The Friendly Manual.  Less is fully configurable (including the
ability to quit after reaching the end of its input without having to type
a `q').
--
Norm Joseph - (amanue!oglvee!norm)           cgh!amanue!oglvee!norm@dsi.com, or
  Oglevee Computer Systems, Inc.             ditka!oglvee!norm@daver.bungi.com

subbarao@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Kartik Subbarao) (09/25/90)

>In <2715@idunno.Princeton.EDU> subbarao@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Me) writes:
>
>>Does any body have any suggestions as to how
>>I can make less behave like more?

Thanks one and all for the many responses I got to the question. It turned out
that when I did RTFM, it was for an earlier version (I think) which did not
support the -E or -e options. I RTFM again, and I got my problem solved. Again,
Thanks.

				-Kartik

(I need a new .signature -- any suggestions?)
subbarao@{phoenix or gauguin}.Princeton.EDU -|Internet
kartik@silvertone.Princeton.EDU (NeXT mail)       -|
subbarao@pucc.Princeton.EDU		          - Bitnet

rbp@investor.pgh.pa.us (Bob Peirce #305) (09/27/90)

In article <603@oglvee.UUCP> norm@oglvee.UUCP (Norman Joseph) writes:
>In <2715@idunno.Princeton.EDU> subbarao@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Kartik Subbarao) writes:
>
>>Does any body have any suggestions as to how
>>I can make less behave like more?
>
>Yes.  Read The Friendly Manual.  Less is fully configurable (including the
>ability to quit after reaching the end of its input without having to type
>a `q').

I use the following alias for more.  It seems to be pretty close.

	less -eMb20PM\<--More--\>P$
--
Bob Peirce, Pittsburgh, PA				  412-471-5320
...!uunet!pitt!investor!rbp			rbp@investor.pgh.pa.us