[comp.unix.shell] GNU waring

rhealey@digibd.com (Rob Healey) (10/05/90)

In article <4147@lib.tmc.edu> jmaynard@thesis1.hsch.utexas.edu (Jay Maynard) writes:
>Just because you are charged $0 for the software doesn't make it free. If the
>FSF was subject to truth in advertising laws, they'd have to change their name
>and publicity.

	They say their software is "free", they say nothing about the cost
	of the media or using their code in other programs.

	Free Software Foundation. Hmm, don't see any violation there. They
	say the software is free. No mention of media charges or limitations
	on the use of their free software.

>>What the FSF is doing is by no stretch of the imagination theft.
>Then what is it? They're telling me what I can do with my property.

	Oh for crying out loud. Do the common sense thing:

	Don't use their product. No one is pointing a gun at your
	head saying you HAVE to use GNU products. If you don't like
	them "stealing" your code, don't use their programs/librarys/whatever.
	Find a vendor that will let you use their librarys without you paying
	recuring fees for doing so; problem solved.

	Please reduce the noise level in this news group and take this
	discussion to the e-mail band.

		-Rob

Speaking for myself, and my sore ears, not the company.