[comp.unix.shell] Looking for Dan Bernstein's pty program.

lubkt@vax1.cc.lehigh.edu (12/05/90)

I am looking for Dan Bernstein's pty program. I am told that it appeared
under comp.sources.misc. I looked for it, but could not find it. Can any
one tell where I can find it?

Thanks.
--------------------
Binod Taterway				LUBKT@vax1.CC.Lehigh.EDU
User Consultant				bt00@PL118a.CC.Lehigh.EDU
Lehigh University, Beth, PA.

subbarao@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Kartik Subbarao) (12/05/90)

In article <102.275b86b1@vax1.cc.lehigh.edu> lubkt@vax1.cc.lehigh.edu writes:
>I am looking for Dan Bernstein's pty program. I am told that it appeared
>under comp.sources.misc. I looked for it, but could not find it. Can any
>one tell where I can find it?

[Ha, beat ya to it Dan].

pty is available for anonymous ftp on stealth.acf.nyu.edu (128.122.128.22).

It's also in comp.sources.unix volume 22 (not comp.sources.misc). You can
find comp.sources.unix in many places, like uunet etc..

Be sure that you apply all the latest patches to it. It's a neat tool to
have around (I guess Dan does a good job of reinforming us of that fact
frequently :-) ).

(Yet another plug for pty from a non-author)

			-Kartik

(I need a new .signature -- any suggestions?)
subbarao@{phoenix or gauguin}.Princeton.EDU -|Internet
kartik@silvertone.Princeton.EDU (NeXT mail)       -|
SUBBARAO@PUCC.BITNET			          - Bitnet