[comp.unix.shell] tcsh or cetera for HP 9000?

mark@motown.altair.fr (Mark James) (02/06/91)

I am about to get myself ported from a Sun to an HP workstation, and
I'm going to miss tcsh 5.18 with its command-line editing features.
Is tcsh or anything similar available under HP-UX?  Not necessarily
public-domain, but obviously that's preferable.

--
Mark James  <mark@bdblues.altair.fr> or <mark@nuri.inria.fr>

cedman@golem.ps.uci.edu (Carl Edman) (02/11/91)

In article <1900@seti.inria.fr> mark@motown.altair.fr (Mark James) writes:
   I am about to get myself ported from a Sun to an HP workstation, and
   I'm going to miss tcsh 5.18 with its command-line editing features.
   Is tcsh or anything similar available under HP-UX?  Not necessarily
   public-domain, but obviously that's preferable.

There most certainly is a tcsh available for HP-UX. Both sources and
HPUX (and other) binaries are available via anon ftp from
/tesla.ee.cornell.edu:/pub/tcsh-5.20. We are using it since quite a
while at this site and all users are very pleased with it.

        Carl Edman

Theoretical Physicist,N.: A physicist whose  | Send mail
existence is postulated, to make the numbers |  to
balance but who is never actually observed   | cedman@golem.ps.uci.edu
in the laboratory.                           | edmanc@uciph0.ps.uci.edu

Kimmo.Suominen@lut.fi (Kimmo Suominen) (02/11/91)

Mark> Is tcsh or anything similar available under HP-UX?  Not necessarily
Mark> public-domain, but obviously that's preferable.

Try looking at tesla.ee.cornell.edu, nic.funet.fi and lut.fi.  They
all contain (almost) the same binaries.  Tesla is the origin, and
nic.funet.fi and lut.fi are shadowing it.  You should go for the
nearest site (in network topology).
--
Kim                      /  Internet: Kimmo.Suominen@lut.fi
"That's what I think."  /   Bitnet:   KIM@FINFILES

tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Tim Chown) (02/12/91)

In <1900@seti.inria.fr> mark@motown.altair.fr (Mark James) writes:

>I am about to get myself ported from a Sun to an HP workstation, and
>I'm going to miss tcsh 5.18 with its command-line editing features.
>Is tcsh or anything similar available under HP-UX?  Not necessarily
>public-domain, but obviously that's preferable.

tcsh is available for HPUX, both 6.5 and 7.0 (we run 6.5).

I get tcsh by internet ftp from tesla.ee.cornell.edu in /pub.
There are several binaries there.

Tim