[comp.unix.shell] tcsh with ansi graphics

rkan@uhunix2.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Ray Kan) (02/13/91)

Is there a version of tcsh that has support for ansi graphics?
I would like to use tcsh instead of csh but it would be nice
to have ansi color prompts (although not absolutely necessary).
Thanks in advance.

--
	  Raymond W.M. Kan             |
Internet: rkan@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu  | THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK.

christos@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Christos S. Zoulas) (02/13/91)

In article <11427@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu> rkan@uhunix2.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Ray Kan) writes:

>Is there a version of tcsh that has support for ansi graphics?
>I would like to use tcsh instead of csh but it would be nice
>to have ansi color prompts (although not absolutely necessary).
>Thanks in advance.

Tcsh 5.20.02 has support for escape sequences in the prompt via:

%{\e...%}

[tcsh is available from tesla.ee.cornell.edu: 128.84.253.11]

christos
| Christos Zoulas         | 389 Theory Center, Electrical Engineering,   |
| christos@ee.cornell.edu | Cornell University, Ithaca NY 14853.         |
| christos@crnlee.bitnet  | Phone: (607) 255 0302 |  Fax: (607) 254 4565 |