In article <83@norisc.UUCP> iain@norisc.UUCP (Iain Lea) writes:
   From: iain@norisc.UUCP (Iain Lea)
   Newsgroups: comp.unix.shell
   Date: 3 May 91 06:00:54 GMT

   So has anyone ported zsh to Sys5 as it would be a shame to have
   to keep swapping between shells on different machines.

People have been talking in comp.sources.d about the fact that it
doesn't compile on SystemV, but I don't think anyone has done the
porting work yet.

   Also in an alias how do I include the filename from the command line?

You can't use command-line arguments in aliases in this way, just as
you can't do it in ksh or bash.  When you want to frob the arguments,
you need to use a shell function, rather than an alias.  See the man
page for more information.

   PS. Is there any tips & tricks for zsh anywhere?

How about the man page? :-)

Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace
jik@Athena.MIT.EDU				Allston, MA  02134
Office: 617-253-8085			      Home: 617-782-0710