[comp.unix.internals] an HP 9000 hp-ux internals class anyone...

greg@cityzoo.acs.umbc.edu (Greg Sylvain) (08/31/90)

	Hello hello,

	Does anyone know if HP offers an internals class for there hp-ux
operationg system.  They offer a class in programming with system calls, but
I was sort of hoping for a real internals class.  Specifically for there
9000 series 300 machines, if not the 800 series will due.

	If this class could be offered on the east coast that would be
great, and easier to talk my boss into it.  I know of at least 3-4 people
willing to take it, if it's offered somewhat locally.

	Thanks,
	greg

				Greg Sylvain
				Academic Computing Services
				Systems Programmer

	UUCP:           	...!{uunet}!umbc5!greg
	Internet (Arpa) :	greg@umbc5.umbc.edu
 	BITNET :		GREGS@UMBC

perry@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Perry Scott) (09/05/90)

>	Does anyone know if HP offers an internals class for there hp-ux
>operationg system.  They offer a class in programming with system calls, but
>I was sort of hoping for a real internals class.  Specifically for there
>9000 series 300 machines, if not the 800 series will due.
>
>	If this class could be offered on the east coast that would be
>great, and easier to talk my boss into it.  I know of at least 3-4
>people willing to take it, if it's offered somewhat locally.

HP offers a driver writing class for customers.  I don't have the
details on it, but your local sales office might be able to help.

There are also various courses our own field personnel take on UNIX
internals - maybe they are available to customers, too.  Again, your
local sales office could help.

You could also try the Eastern Sales Region office at Rockville, MD.
(301) 670-4300

Perry Scott

jsdy@hadron.COM (Joseph S. D. Yao) (09/07/90)

In article <3855@umbc3.UMBC.EDU> greg@cityzoo.acs.umbc.edu (Greg Sylvain) writes (twice, on my system):
>	Does anyone know if HP offers an internals class for there hp-ux
>operationg system.

HP does have an internals class for their HP-UX operating system.  I
took it in Atlanta.  It may be available someday in Rockville MD, or
even in Baltimore MD if you wish hard enough (and enough people wish
hard enough).  Call your local HP sales or support office.

	Joe Yao				jsdy@hadron.COM
	( jsdy%hadron.COM@{uunet.UU.NET,decuac.DEC.COM} )
	arc,arinc,att,avatar,blkcat,cos,decuac,\
	dtix,ecogong,grebyn,inco,insight,kcwc,  \
	lepton,lsw,netex,netxcom,phw5,research,  >!hadron!jsdy
	rlgvax,seismo,sms,smsdpg,sundc,telenet, /
	uunet				       /
(Last I counted ...)