[comp.unix.internals] itroff

mlg@csmips1.cstp.umkc.edu (Meg Grice) (10/05/90)

I have found the command itroff in scripts on several of my machines
(Suns and Dec System).  However, itroff is not a command on any of
my systems.  Can anyone please tell me what this command is and
where to get it?

rkh@mtune.ATT.COM (Robert Halloran) (10/05/90)

In article <24692@adm.BRL.MIL> mlg@csmips1.cstp.umkc.edu (Meg Grice) writes:
>I have found the command itroff in scripts on several of my machines
>(Suns and Dec System).  However, itroff is not a command on any of
>my systems.  Can anyone please tell me what this command is and
>where to get it?

At least around here, itroff is a program that comes with the Imagen printer
support software that passes the intermediate code to Imagen's post-processor.
I'll assume you could replace it with the appropriate pre-processor -> troff ->
printer-specific-post-processor pipeline.

						Bob Halloran
Internet: rkh@mtune.dptg.att.com		UUCP: att!mtune!rkh
Disclaimer: If you think AT&T would have ME as a spokesman, you're crazed.
Quote: "How do you know when a politician is lying?  His lips move."
	- M-m-max Headroom
       "Read my lips - no new taxes..."  - G. Bush, 1988