[comp.unix.internals] control-T for status

In article <BZS.90Oct9150046@world.std.com> bzs@world.std.com (Barry Shein) writes:
>That way you could type ^T or whatever it is and it might echo:
>
>	/bin/login (PID=2833) running as UID=0

If you're going to go and do that, please add at least process status
and maybe load average as well.  It's nice to know when a foreground
process is in keyboard read.  See the VAX 4.3+NFS release from UWisc.
We used ^T for just that purpose, although you could stty it to whatever
you wanted.

--tom
--
 "UNIX was never designed to keep people from doing stupid things, because
  that policy would also keep them from doing clever things." [Doug Gwyn]