[comp.unix.internals] Put the internals back in comp.unix.internals!

griffith@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Michael Griffith) (10/13/90)

Perhaps I'm wrong, but doesn't internals imply a discussion on the internals
of Unix? (Which I take to mean things pretty close to a kernel level...)
This is what I subscribed to this group for, but I see little difference
between this group and comp.unix.*. I think the catagories need to be
subdivided into a sense making order. comp.unix.programming for programming,
internals for internals, etc. I don't see any need to choose wizards over
internals because both seem more like programming to me. I think that posts
on low level things, such as device drivers are appropriate. I think that
the trojan horse stuff should go into comp.unix.security or comp.unix.hackers
or something. I'm more interested in hearing people discuss really low level
concepts. But hey, just my $0.02. Granted, the trojan horse stuff almost
makes my definition of internals, but I'm getting tired of 18 billion
"Trojan Horse" subjects every time I try to read the group.

| Michael Griffith                     | If I had an opinion it certainly   |
| griffith@eecs.ee.pdx.edu             | wouldn't be the same one as        |
| ...!tektronix!psueea!eecs!griffith   | Portland State University anyways. |

ronnie@mindcraft.com (Ronnie Kon) (10/17/90)

In article <325@pdxgate.UUCP> griffith@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Michael Griffith) writes:
>Perhaps I'm wrong, but doesn't internals imply a discussion on the internals
>of Unix? (Which I take to mean things pretty close to a kernel level...)

	Hah!  Just goes to show that **YOU** are not a wizard.  Any wizard
knows that comp.unix.internals is for discussion of renaming the comp.unix.*
heirarchy.  The word "internal" is short for "intermidable."

	:-)
				Ronnie
Ronnie B. Kon                    |  "I don't know about your brain, but
kon@groundfog.stanford.edu       |  mine is really bossy."
...!{decwrl,ames}!mindcrf!ronnie |               -- Laurie Anderson