[comp.unix.internals] Monitoring a tty

nmm@mcquaig.UUCP (Neil M. McQuaig) (01/17/91)

In article <12559@life.ai.mit.edu> guest@apple-gunkies.ai.mit.edu (Guest Account) writes:
>I'd like to ask what the best way is to monitor a tty invisibly to
>the user.  ...
>How would one do this ?

I've never posted to this group (since I'm not a real wizard), but I did have
the same problem.  I stuck together a pair of pty's with the log input/output
hook in the middle.  Placing this on the the login port I am able to see what's
going on.  It is mainly a modification of the sources presented in Richard
Steven's Unix Networking book.

--
Neil M. McQuaig      344 Millicent Way,  Shreveport, LA  71106
VOICE: (318)868-5611 UUCP: mcquaig!nmm (318)861-1051 or uunet!mcquaig!nmm