[comp.unix.internals] Slash in filename

xtdn@levels.sait.edu.au (02/11/91)

jfh@rpp386.cactus.org (John F Haugh II) writes:
> In article <27B18FBC.3065@tct.uucp> chip@tct.uucp (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>>According to gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn):
>>>I thought this group was going to be reserved for wizards!?
> My solution has been the use of a now-large KILL file.

Mere mortals post wrong answers; often.  Apprentice thaumaturges post
correct answers; courteously.  Wizards post elitist abuse (sometimes).
Mayhap tis best to remain an apprentice.

[ This is intended as constructive criticism and not as abuse of any of the
  fine and knowledgable gentlemen whom I quoted. ]

David Newall, who no longer works       Phone:  +61 8 344 2008
for SA Institute of Technology          E-mail: xtdn@lux.sait.edu.au
                "Life is uncertain:  Eat dessert first"

chip@tct.uucp (Chip Salzenberg) (02/15/91)

According to volpe@camelback.crd.ge.com (Christopher R Volpe):
>Seriously, though, how about renaming it "comp.unix.wizards_only".

Do you remember "net.women.only"?  It didn't work.
Do you remember "alt.source-code"?  It didn't work.

It won't work.
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip@tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>
 "I want to mention that my opinions whether real or not are MY opinions."

bhoughto@pima.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) (02/16/91)

In article <27BADF40.29F7@tct.uucp> chip@tct.uucp (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>Do you remember "net.women.only"?  It didn't work.
>Do you remember "alt.source-code"?  It didn't work.
>It won't work.

Where can I get BSD4.3 for my duodenum?

				--Blair
				  "I also need X11R4 for my occipital lobe..."