[comp.unix.internals] jokes

lws@comm.wang.com (Lyle Seaman) (04/29/91)

A little explanation of a post is in order...   I've noticed that most
people aren't aware of the old chestnut that suggests Sean's response...
This is definitely a digression, and followups should be to somewhere
far away for comp.anything.

mohta@necom830.cc.titech.ac.jp (Masataka Ohta) writes:

>In article <1991Apr25.175547.21534@kithrup.COM>
>	sef@kithrup.COM (Sean Eric Fagan) writes:
>>What mean we, white man?

>I amd rather a yellow monkey. :-)

>So, don't run a big window system, white man.

>							Masataka Ohta

The joke goes something like this:
The Lone Ranger says to Tonto, "Tonto, look!  Thousands of Indians
are riding down on us, here in this box canyon!  There's no way out!
What are we going to do??!?!"

and Tonto's response is: "What do you mean, 'we', white man?"

I don't think this is a racist joke, and it doesn't matter if you're
a white man or a yellow monkey or a blue macaque to be the target of
the response.

Mostly FYI, Masataka.

PS.  If you disagree, please write me, but keep it civil, huh?

--
Lyle 	508 967 2322  		"We have had television problems directly
lws@capybara.comm.wang.com 	 attributable to something not understandable"