[comp.unix.internals] Proposed Renaming

ronnie@mindcraft.com (Ronnie Kon) (06/16/91)

I suggest we rename this group to comp.unix.named_pipes_and_shared_libraries,
to more accurately reflect the contents of the group.  :-)

				Ronnie

Ronnie B. Kon                         |    "Was it a millionaire who said
kon@groundfog.stanford.edu            |    'Imagine no possessions'?"
...!{decwrl,ames}!mindcrf!ronnie      |             -- Elvis Costello

andy@research.canon.oz.au (Andy Newman) (06/17/91)

In article <677015028.20230@mindcraft.com> ronnie@mindcraft.com (Ronnie Kon) writes:
>I suggest we rename this group to comp.unix.named_pipes_and_shared_libraries,
>to more accurately reflect the contents of the group.  :-)
>
>				Ronnie

No, no, no! It should only be "comp.unix.named_pipes" as we all know
that shared libraries are not necessary ;-)
--
Andy Newman (andy@research.canon.oz.au)

gt0178a@prism.gatech.EDU (BURNS) (06/17/91)

in article <677015028.20230@mindcraft.com>, ronnie@mindcraft.com (Ronnie Kon) says:

> I suggest we rename this group to comp.unix.named_pipes_and_shared_libraries,
> to more accurately reflect the contents of the group.  :-)

Why? - so we can just rename it again in another two(?) months? Didn't we
just go thru a rather painful childbirth a few months ago?

Hey, waitaminnit - this has possibilities. A newsgroup where the subject
matter defines the name, instead of the name restricting the subject
matter. Kind of like the old Changeable Charlie block game, updated for
the electronic age. Let's see, what hierarchy am I in this month ...?
--
BURNS,JIM (returned student)
Georgia Institute of Technology, 30178 Georgia Tech Station,