[comp.unix.xenix.sco] /shlib/libc_s

rogerk@sco.COM (Roger Knopf 5502) (09/08/90)

In article <880001@hpsad.HP.COM> jose@hpsad.HP.COM (Jose Gomez-Rubio (SEED Student)) writes:

>Can anyone tell me what /shlib/libc_s in Xenix 2.3.2 is there for?

Its there so you can *run* COFF binaries which use shared libraries.

>I assume it's the shared library.   If so, how does one compile programs
>to use the shared library?

You have to do this under Unix, there is no support under Xenix for
generating binaries that use shared libraries. Full documentation
is provided with Unix for using shared libraries.

--
Roger Knopf                                      <standard disclaimer applies>
SCO Consulting Services			    "If your controller will talk to a