[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Xenix installation failed at "L" test

rogerk@sco.COM (Roger Knopf 5502) (09/08/90)

In article <7577@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu (Devon Tuck) writes:
>We have a 386/33 IBM Compatable that we are trying to install Xenix on.  We
>put the N1 disk in, and press "return" at the "boot:" prompt, the devices
>are displayed, and then we get as far as the L5 test in the boot process
>until the system {reboots itself.

This is when Xenix initializes the virtual memory page tables. Why
this is failing I can't really say as I've never seen it fail and
no obvious possibility comes to mind other than perhaps something
with your 386 chip itself.

--
Roger Knopf                                      <standard disclaimer applies>
SCO Consulting Services			    "If your controller will talk to a