[comp.unix.xenix.sco] free/share software lists

thorson@typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu (Bill Thorson) (09/08/90)

   Is there a list of software that has been written or ported to
the xenix environment?  Even a list of FTP sites that have specifically
xenix software would be nice.

Thanks!

Bill Thorson

#!/bin/sh
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------#
echo Bill Thorson                   thorson@typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu
echo Dept of Atmospheric Science    (303) 491-8339
echo Colorado State University
echo Ft. Collins,  CO  80523        Cray||Sun||Amiga -- I can't decide?
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------#

jaffe@hoss.unl.edu (David Jaffe) (09/10/90)

Michael Deignan (mpd@anomaly.sbs.com) has a partial list of stuff.  I would
like to see a more complete directory.  I know something about what TeX
stuff has been ported, and what symbolic math packages are available.  I
will send you details on either if you are interested.

David Jaffe (jaffe@hoss.unl.edu)
University of Nebraska, Lincoln

mpd@anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) (09/10/90)

thorson@typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu (Bill Thorson) writes:

>   Is there a list of software that has been written or ported to
>the xenix environment?  Even a list of FTP sites that have specifically
>xenix software would be nice.

We maintain such a list on Anomaly. Anonymous UUCP information below.
List is posted periodically to this newsgroup, appx. every six weeks.
Anonymous FTP will be available soon. Watch for our announcement here.

MD
--
-- Michael P. Deignan, President     -- Small Business Systems, Inc. --
-- Domain: mpd@anomaly.sbs.com       -- Box 17220, Esmond, RI 02917  --