[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Dialers for US robotics

mattij@tuura.UUCP (Matti Joutkoski) (09/12/90)

Hi there.

I have modems US Robotics DS and US Robotics HST. Does anyone made Dialer-
programs for them?

If you have them, I would like have them.

Thanks.

guy@contact.uucp (Guy Lemieux) (09/14/90)

In <746@tuura.UUCP> mattij@tuura.UUCP (Matti Joutkoski) writes:

>I have modems US Robotics DS and US Robotics HST. Does anyone made Dialer-
>programs for them?

>If you have them, I would like have them.

I, too, own a US Robotics HST modem.  I have tried to make my own dialer,
but have gotten very frustrated in the attempt.  If anybody has one, could
they PLEASE email it to me?  Just the source is enough.

THANKS!!!!

Guy Lemieux
guy@contact.uucp

md (Michael Davidson) (09/18/90)

guy@contact.uucp (Guy Lemieux) writes:

>In <746@tuura.UUCP> mattij@tuura.UUCP (Matti Joutkoski) writes:
>>I have modems US Robotics DS and US Robotics HST. Does anyone made Dialer-
>>programs for them?
>>If you have them, I would like have them.
>I, too, own a US Robotics HST modem.  I have tried to make my own dialer,
>but have gotten very frustrated in the attempt.  If anybody has one, could
>they PLEASE email it to me?  Just the source is enough.

Unfortunately you don't mention which version of UUCP you are using.
If you are using SCO Xenix 2.3 or SCO UNIX 3.2 all you need to do is
to add an entry to the Dialers file in /usr/lib/uucp. Here are a couple
of examples for the USR Dual Standard Modem:

hst2400 =W-, "" ATB1X4&B0&H1&I0&K0&M0&N3 OK\r ATDT\t\r\c CONNECT
hst9600 =W-, "" ATB1X4&B1&H1&I0&K0&M4&N0 OK\r ATDT\t\r\c CONNECT
v32     =W-, "" ATB104&B0&H1&I0&K0&M0&N3 OK\r ATDT\t\r\c CONNECT

These should allow you to connect at 2400, 9600 HST mode, or 9600 V.32.