[comp.unix.xenix.sco] FAS on xenix

phil@lgnp1.LS.COM (Phil Eschallier) (09/25/90)

netters ...
i just installed FAS 2.07 on my xenix 80286 box -- all is working great
except for rts/cts flow control.  then using dialTBIT to call out (uucico
or cu), the ctsflow and rtsflow are set (i can verify this w/ stty).  however
when the connections is made and the dialTBIT terminates (w/ status = 0),
control is return to uucico (or cu).  at this point, my cts/rtsflow setting
have disappeared.

the question is, am i doing something wrong or does the 286 version of xenix
just assume no one could ever use hardware flow control??  any help would
be appreciated (remember this is the 286 version)!!

thanx,
phil

--
Phil Eschallier   * Domain: phil@ls.com           SNAIL: 248B Union Street
                  *   UUCP: ...!uunet!lgnp1!phil         Doylestown, PA  18901

gemini@geminix.in-berlin.de (Uwe Doering) (09/29/90)

phil@lgnp1.LS.COM (Phil Eschallier) writes:

>i just installed FAS 2.07 on my xenix 80286 box -- all is working great
>except for rts/cts flow control.  then using dialTBIT to call out (uucico
>or cu), the ctsflow and rtsflow are set (i can verify this w/ stty).  however
>when the connections is made and the dialTBIT terminates (w/ status = 0),
>control is return to uucico (or cu).  at this point, my cts/rtsflow setting
>have disappeared.

Actually, FAS was developed for 386 systems, only. But I already got mail
from another guy who told me that FAS works on Xenix 286 with only minor
changes. The problem you have has to do with the different size of `int'
variables on the 286 (16 bit) and 386 (32 bit). I'll try to find all
variable declarations where the size of `int' is important and use `long'
instead. This is on my fix list.

    Uwe
--
Uwe Doering  |  Domain   : gemini@geminix.in-berlin.de