rayr!ncuug@csu.colostate.edu (or something like that).
Data: (303)225-1413 HST (or something like that)
"Here the mirror of dreams of beauty...
 Here the looking glass of pride and ruined vanity."  -- Clockdva

glenn@suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (Glenn Geers) (10/11/90)

From article <52@ncuug.UUCP>, by rayr@ncuug.UUCP (Ray Randolph):
> Hiya all,
> I've compiled the Citadel BBS on my SCO XENIX 286 2.3.2, and when running the
> program I get a 'stack overflow' error.  The command line I used to compile
> it is:
> cc -DXENIX -LARGE
>
> Is there something I could add to the command line to increase the stack?
> It's odd that this seems to happen only some of the time, every once in
> awhile it DOES work correctly, but more often than not I get the error.
>
> I would email my first-born child to whomever can help me with this. :)
>
> -Ray
>
> --
> rayr!ncuug@csu.colostate.edu (or something like that).
> Data: (303)225-1413 HST (or something like that)
> "Here the mirror of dreams of beauty...
>  Here the looking glass of pride and ruined vanity."  -- Clockdva

Hi Ray,
	Use the xenix command fixhdr:

fixhdr -F#### executable where #### is the required stack size in hex (must
be less than 64kb i.e. FFFE).

As for your first-born... If she happens to be about 22 I'd be tempted.

					Cheers,
							Glenn

glenn@qed.physics.su.oz.au

Glenn Geers                       | "So when it's over, we're back to people.
Department of Theoretical Physics |  Just to prove that human touch can have
The University of Sydney          |  no equal."
Sydney NSW 2006 Australia         |  - Basia Trzetrzelewska, 'Prime Time TV'
--

rogerk@sco.COM (Roger Knopf 5502) (10/12/90)

In article <52@ncuug.UUCP> rayr@ncuug.UUCP (Ray Randolph) writes:
>Hiya all,
>I've compiled the Citadel BBS on my SCO XENIX 286 2.3.2, and when running the
>program I get a 'stack overflow' error.  The command line I used to compile
>it is:
>cc -DXENIX -LARGE
>
>Is there something I could add to the command line to increase the stack?
>It's odd that this seems to happen only some of the time, every once in
>awhile it DOES work correctly, but more often than not I get the error.

Add "-F <stacksize in hex>" to your cc line. You can also use fixhdr
on the binary to play with different stack sizes:

	fixhdr -F 2000 /usr/local/binary

The default stack size is 1000 (thats hex, remember).

>I would email my first-born child to whomever can help me with this. :)

Oboyoboyoboy! Am I first? Can't wait to see how you do this! Um,
it isn't a teenager, I hope....

--
Roger Knopf                                "Alas, poor Schoenberg; whose
SCO Consulting Services			   aesthetic is perhaps too fine to be