[comp.unix.xenix.sco] High-res graphics adapters for SCO Xsight

mwb5y@wilbury.cs.Virginia.EDU (Mark W. Bailey) (10/04/90)

We're looking for a little advice on which graphics adapter to use
with Xsight. We're running SCO Unix system V 3.2.0. We'd like 1024x768
with 256 colors. Does such a beast exist that *works* with Xsight?

Specifically, has anyone used either the Orchid ProDesigner II or the
Trident 8916?

Thanks
Mark
--
Mark W. Bailey				bailey@cs.virginia.edu
Computer Science Department		..uunet!virginia!uvacs!bailey

akcs.walt@vpnet.chi.il.us (jerry walton) (10/11/90)

I have used Video Seven 1024i with Open Desktop (Unix 3.2.2 bundled with X-
Windows) for a while I used the 1024 X 768 driver, but swithced back to 800
X 640 because it was a bit flockery on a NEC 3-D Multisinc monitor.  It
seemsthat at that resolution you need to get non-interlacedwhich reduces
the flicker.  Everything was also very tiny.  But, I have to admit the images
were crisp.

Jerry Walton, Think Tank Software Development Corp.
              (219) 736-2667

ignore -> this ......ng50cu,, ai,

chapman@sco.COM (Brian Chapman) (10/22/90)

mwb5y@wilbury.cs.Virginia.EDU (Mark W. Bailey) writes:

>We're looking for a little advice on which graphics adapter to use
>with Xsight. We're running SCO Unix system V 3.2.0. We'd like 1024x768
>with 256 colors. Does such a beast exist that *works* with Xsight?

>Specifically, has anyone used either the Orchid ProDesigner II or the
>Trident 8916?

The 256 color server is not out yet.
But both of these cards are supported in high res 16 color mode
in ODT (aka 3.2.1).  The Trident grafinfo file may not be on
the distrubution but you can probibly get it from support.
--
Brian Chapman		uunet!sco!chapman
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!