..!uunet!ccncsu!ncuug!rayr     (or something like that).
Data: (303)225-1413 HST (or something like that)
"Here the mirror of dreams of beauty...
 Here the looking glass of pride and ruined vanity."  -- Clockdva

ronald@atcmp.nl (Ronald Pikkert) (10/24/90)

From article <103@ncuug.UUCP>, by rayr@ncuug.UUCP (Ray Randolph):
> Make keeps giving me the following error:
> Make: Must be a seperator on rules line 36. Stop
> WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?!  And how can I fix it?   Please help!

Give make a proper seperator; a tab. The indention of actions
in a makefile must be done by tabs, not spaces.

-
Ronald Pikkert                 E-mail: ronald@atcmp.nl
@ AT Computing b.v.            Tel:    080 - 566880
Toernooiveld
6525 ED  Nijmegen

jpr@jpradley.uucp (Jean-Pierre Radley) (10/26/90)

In article <103@ncuug.UUCP> rayr@ncuug.UUCP (Ray Randolph) writes:
>Make keeps giving me the following error:
>
>Make: Must be a seperator on rules line 36. Stop
>

>WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?!  And how can I fix it?   Please help!

If you quoted lines 32 to 40, it might be clearer what your problem is.

Make is subtle in that what is normally a separator for lots of other stuff in
*nix -- space, tab, or newline -- is not interpreted as such in make.

Do you have a couple of spaces where the man manual insists on having a tab?
--

 Jean-Pierre Radley          HIGH-Q	     jpr@jpradley	CIS: 72160,1341